Sunday, October 4, 2009

FALL BREAK PARK TWO: LOGAN PROJECTS

I had been trying to fit in a trip to Logan to see the kids and this weekend seemed like the perfect chance. However even with a five day weekend my stay ended up being a short one because of SO MANY things going on, all of which were good things! But because we all had a very busy weekend it meant that we had to stay up late.  We wanted to take some time to go cheer Conner on at his flag football game that night too. For anyone who knows me, they know that I don't do LATE.  I can do EARLY mornings but LATE nights are just not my thing.  But, I DID IT, I stayed up until 1:30am!

When I got to town I took Conner to school and Nixon and I waited for Kylee to get home.  From there we hit the town. Kylee has been wanting to get a wall grouping hung up in their living room so that was our quest. She had most of it ready to go we just needed a couple of odds and ends. One additional reason I enjoy going to Logan because I love going to HOBBY LOBBY.  While there we found the perfect fabric to use for throw pillows for their couch and a table topper.  I'm excited to get them made. They'll look so good with the new wall.


The thing with projects (at least for me) is that it just can't happen without making a HUGE mess in the process, and Nixon was right in the middle of it!


All layed out,. ready for the CRITICAL next step.
There is some extra pressure that goes along with this because Conner admitted last time I hung stuff in their house that he is a bit OCD when it comes to making sure things are hung EXACTLY right. In fact he sacrificed a mirror proving that!
Since Conner was preocupied trying to get the internet working he insisted that I could do it and trusted me with the project.  We used the Command Picture Hanging Strips so at least if I had trouble there wouldn't be any nail holes. They're great.


Here is the end result.  Kylee still needs to get a picture for the green frame, but it turned out pretty cute.  I wish that my camera showed the true colors of the wall because it really looks so much better in real life.
Even though it was a quick trip, I had a great time spending it with Kylee, Conner and Nixon.  I only wish I would have taken more pictures.
P.S. the "E's" are for Edwards


This is a picture I took out of my sunroof  on my way out of town when I came to the sick realization that I hadn't taken many photos.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Connie,

    It was really good seeing you at the funeral. Thank you for coming up to it.

    I love the wall! SOOO cute! Looks like you had a super fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete