Monday, April 13, 2009

Just Hoppin Down the Bunny Trail...

While Easter weekend is always fun it seems like it is always COLD and RAINY, or at least it is nine out of ten years. This year was one of the nine. I guess it didn't really matter to us Morgan's given the fact that we don't have the luxury of a camp trailer or 4-wheelers like all the other family members. I guess the good thing about that is that we don't have to worry about the
weather. We just stay indoors and keep warm and dry.

I didn't feel too bad about it this year because little Nixon came to town to celebrate his first Easter. We didn't want to take him out camping anyway so it gave us an excuse to stay home and enjoy some family time here. We did however go out and visit for awhile. We ate lunch and the kids had fun looking for eggs and riding the 4-wheelers.

It feels like I spent a lot of time in the kitchen this weekend and I can actually say that I enjoyed it. It's been awhile. George and I have gotten really good at eating out because it seems to be the easiest thing to do when there is only the two of us.

Among other things, I made one of our family favorites, Chicken Avacado Egg Rolls, from CPK (California Pizza Kitchen).

For a copy cat recipe click herehttp://www.projectfoodie.com/


We ate until we were stuffed and then colored our Easter eggs. Tanner was had the monopoly on the blue die. I bet he colored nine eggs, all of them which he cracked, and all blue! Luke was more deliberate with his and created some pretty good master pieces. After that we had the kids running through the house trying to find their Easter baskets hidden throughout the house. The Easter Bunny left the kids an oversized blow-up castle to jump in. Kaydee and Launey are thrilled! Not! But the kids are, and that's all that counts!



On Sunday, we went to Pooper and Papa's and had our annual Easter Egg Hunt. It's one of the highlights of Easter! The eggs are full of MONEY! Papa usually has a twist to go along with it. Sometimes the one with the least amount of money wins a bonus, sometimes the one with the most, you just never know. This year there were 3 white eggs and the ones holding them got a $5 bonus! Who knew a plain boring white egg would be such a PRIZE!

It was a great weekend! I love having the kids around and spending time together, and I'm grateful for traditions we've created over the years. I hope they carry on for many many more.



1 comment:

  1. I am acutally at your very own house typing this right now! You got some cute pictures, and all that talk of the avacado egg rolls has me ready for some more! I will fire up the stove right now!

    ReplyDelete